Running a hotel can be tough at the best of times. There are 101 problems collectively yelling for your attention, often leaving you feeling stretched thin in every direction. But out of all the problems and worries a hotelier faces, there’s one that casts a looming shadow over them all… BOOKINGS!
Bookings are the lifeblood of any hotel and you can’t survive without them. Which raises the question; how do you not only maintain, but snag more bookings to explode your hotel revenue? Two answers: targeted marketing and special offers. Are they the only way to get more hotel bookings? Nope. But they are proven strategies that any hotelier can use to get more customers through the door.
If you want to ramp up your hotel bookings and conversions, keep reading.
Entice Guests With Special Offers
- The ruthless pirate package
- The daredevil’s package
- The thrillseeker’s paradise package
Reward Guests With Loyalty Offers
Use A Compelling Call to Action
- Tell your potential guest exactly what to do. Should he book now, click to learn more, or plan a trip? Don’t be shy. Tell him what needs to be done.
- Urgency is an extremely powerful psychological trigger. Use trigger words like, “hurry”, “act now” and “book now” to create a sense of urgency.
- Keep it simple. It doesn’t need to be cute or clever.
- Too many options can damage conversions. Stick to one call to action.
Take Advantage of Segmented Marketing
In September 2014, a case study on market segmentation revealed that over 70% of hotels agreed that market segmentation positively influenced hotel revenue.
So What Exactly is Market Segmentation?
- Past purchase behavior
- Family size
- Marital Status