Throughout this ever-developing pandemic, we want to try and equip you with as many supports as possible.
Here’s a reminder of handy resources available to you, both as a client and not, and some additional tips for your marketing and website activity.
Booking engine updates
We’ve made a number of booking engine updates that should hopefully each contribute in a small way towards making your experience that bit easier in light of the ‘new normal’ and what it requires. They include:
- Pre-cancellation message displayed to a customer before cancelling
- Post-cancellation message displayed when the booking is successfully cancelled
- Health and Safety information can appear in a new option in the footer of the booking engine
- Add custom messages to each step of the booking process
For the full list of updates and more on our booking engine features, visit our knowledge base.
We release new podcast episodes every week on everything from the latest in hotel marketing with our marketing team whizzes, to in-depth chats on smart booking trends and technology with our Partnerships Manager and various partners.
Our Partnerships Manager recently sat down with Pól Ó Conghaile from The Irish Independent & Independent.ie to discuss the current state of the Irish tourism industry and what the landscape might look like in the future. Listen to their chat here.
For more podcast episodes, take a look here.
If webinars are more your thing, we’re still hosting regular sessions every month which you can keep an eye out for on our LinkedIn page. Our most recent webinar was a masterclass in the marketing funnel, which you can watch back here.
For more webinars, take a look here.
Firstly, check out some of our latest of our latest hotel marketing podcast episodes on a variety of useful topics:
- Helpful marketing tools for your hotel
- Autumn & winter recommendations & your 2021 budget
- Optimising your hotel’s family packages, content strategy & FB ads
And here’s a roundup of key marketing tips that may also be of use in the current climate.
Website content tips
Review all the Covid-19 related content on your site. Is there anything you need to refresh and update?
- Ensure Safety Charter logo and information is visible
- We recommend that any health and safety updates or notices are added as a page of
content, not a PDF. A page of content will be easily amended if you need to make changes. People tend to dislike PDFs on mobile because they need to download them and they’re not responsive, so this makes the content difficult to read
- Here’s how to devise and communicate your health & safety policy
- Update your action bar if you need to with any new special offers available that will entice future bookers
- Review all your terms and conditions to ensure your hotel is portrayed as being flexible and understanding
- Check your Google my Business & TripAdvisor profiles and respond
to any reviews
- Add new free cancellation feature on Google Ads
- Update Google my business to reflect special rooms for first responders or health and
- Display temporary services changes on Facebook
Free 90 day digital transformation
We’ve teamed up with an exciting list of our partners to provide hoteliers with an all-bases covered digital transformation package designed to increase their direct bookings.
Using only the smartest technology, this 90 day free trial will include unfiltered access to our award winning booking engine, website builder and more.
By addressing everything from your website to your booking engine, your gift voucher strategy to your SEO, availing of this 90 day digital transformation will jump start your property’s digital presence.
Learn more about the offer and sign up here.
Follow us on LinkedIn for regular insights and updates on all things hotel marketing, technology and more.