SlideShare: Get Smarter and Grow Direct Bookings with Facebook Targeting
Facebook advertising is now an absolutely essential part of any hotel’s digital marketing strategy.
Organic reach – the reach you can get for free – is declining on Facebook due to the sheer volume of content that is being shared on a daily basis.
On the other hand, Facebook’s newsfeed algorithm is built to only show people content that is relevant to them, making it more engaging to the end user. That gives you an opportunity.
Recent studies show that approximately 1 in 5 leisure travelers worldwide turn to social media platforms for inspiration with different categories of their travel planning.
Facebook pages are a hugely important platform for your hotel’s current and potential guests. In October 2014 alone over a billion people visited pages, and 750 million+ of those visits happened on mobile devices.
Let’s take a look at the benefits of Facebook advertising for your hotel, and give you key takeaways that you can apply to your hotel.
- Identify & develop your key target markets
- Invest in Facebook advertising to target new & existing customers
- Create custom audiences to reach customers who have already engaged with your brand
- Reach your customers at the right time throughout the buyer journey.
- Redefine your targeting to increase relevance, reduce wastage and increase ROI.